Friday, December 13, 2013

Voting Turnout

  Is voting really such a good thing? Is it really that important? Well we live in the United States of America so I think, that voting is a pretty big thing in the country. But there really isn't to much to brag about when it comes to voting turnouts. Not compared to other countries. My colleague wrote some ideas to how we can improve this voting turnout and as I was reading I was agreeing all the way. Voting is one of the most important factors that makes this country the way it is, voting is a way for us the people to choose what is best for us. But when I see some not so good numbers on voting turnout I think, are the people really getting what they want. The way i see it there just letting others choose for them. But what bothers me most is the fact that they then complain about the things that happen, when very easily they could just get up waste maybe 1-2 hours of their time and vote.

  I agree with the idea that my colleague has where we just start making it a big deal at an early age, but although it is true that kids can be influenced very easily. It is also true that they tend to not care much either. But I see where she is going and I think it's not a bad idea. Another idea that I strongly agree is to impose some kind of fee or consequence. If there is one thing that people hate is having to pay for things. Everyone will try to avoid it and will do all they can, not to do it. When one will think of it, its better to just vote then to pay a fine. Making it a Holiday is another way, but maybe people will only use to not work and not really go out and vote. They are many other options to go about this and improve voting turnouts in out country, my colleague did an excellent job stating her opinion and her ideas are things that can be done in some future. Increasing voting turnout may result in a better future now and for other generation. And it will help the whole nation express their opinion instead of just a portion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment